Whether you were at the Pepsi Jinglebash last night or not ~ there was def a whole other show going on behind the scenes!
So what were Britney Spears, Fifth Harmony, Shawn Mendes, DNCE, Alessia Cara, One Repubic, G Eazy up to? And surprise guests? YES! Below are my picks for the most notable!
Top 10 Backstage Moments for the 2016 B96 Pepsi Jinglebash:
1) DNCE did a live backstage round of Smackdown with Showbiz Shelly! And let it be known Joe Jonas is not just a pretty face! He had Shelly shaking in her stilettos he was so good! The J Show will have it for you this week! Got a guess at who won?
2) One Republic LOVES Chicago Deep Dish pizza! So we did a blind taste test with all of Chicago’s best (Lou’s, Gino’s East, etc). See the video of their thoughts and pick here: One Republic Pizza Challenge
3) Speaking of pizza. Fifth Harmony loves them some Chicago deep dish pizza too! After their meet & greet they grabbed the leftovers! LOL
4) Shawn Mendes said he went to a workout in a gym in the area and everyone was so friendly and he had a blast hanging out there! He also was not phased by the blizzard happening outside – he’s from Canada! G Eazy was not a fan of the snow tho – he is Cali to the core!
5) The weather was clearly a big topic for the Pepsi Jinglebash artists, and The Chainsmokers said they loved it! They even joked they wanted to get stuck here! No dice tho! They posted this shot on their Instagram taking off from Midway:
6) Tinashe was our surprise guest! She joined Britney Spears on-stage for “Slumber Party” and you could spot her (Tinashe) from any where backstage because she was wearing this long killer pink faux fur jacket!
7) Normani from Fifth Harmony said that they had some down time when they got to the Allstate Arena so they went to the IHOP next door with Tinashe! She said she shared Mozzarella sticks with her.
8) We kept seeing someone petite in a blue hoodie (hood up) with sunglasses roaming around backstage…and it turned out to be Britney Spears! All of the artists were excited to say how friendly she was when they too spotted “Brit in the hood” and recognized who she was and said hi.
9) Scott Disick was there! As in the baby Daddy of Kourtney Kardashian! But why? Why not! He actually was in town for the grand opening of the Sugar Factory in River North so he decided to stop by the hottest show of the year. People were saying “Lord Disick” when he walked by. For the record, I was NOT one of those people :p
10) Did you notice a lot of Chicago Cubs representation at the Jinglebash? That’s because our boss hooked them all up with personalized jerseys! Check out Alessia Cara and everyone rockin theirs: