Liars, are you ready to FINALLY know every little secret in Rosewood? We seriously thought this day would never come.
After that shocking summer finale, creator Marlene King dished about what we should expect for the shows final season, which premieres
never in April 2017.
Are you ready for all the spoilers galore?
1.There will be absolutely no time jump – 7B picks up moments after 7A so Jenna is kidnapped by AD, Spencer is shot and dying in her mothers arms, Toby and Yvonne are unconscious in the car, Alison is very much pregnant still and Noel’s head is rolling somewhere around the creepy ass house.
2. We will find out who Charlotte’s dad is – Up until now, we never even wondered but honestly, this family triangle is getting really complicated and maybe he’s the missing piece of the puzzle? Is Charlotte’s dad also Spencer’s dad? I mean, TWISTED. “We will find out how Spencer came to be with her entire family dynamic,” King said. The idea for Spencer being Mary’s daughter came from the books in which Spencer is adopted.
3. Wren Returns – I’m still 100% convinced Wren is Archer Dunhill’s brother and the mastermind behind all of this. Maybe Melissa has always known that Spencer is her half sister and she’s been helping Wren pose as AD? All we know is that Wren comes back for more than one episode and like… THERE HAS TO BE A GOOD REASON FOR IT.
4 . Melissa Hastings May Return – I mean, if she’s involved in any of this, she has to come back and given she’s always been sketchy, I’m pretty sure they have to work around her Chicago Med schedule, which King says is posing the biggest problem right now. “We’re still hoping to get her into the finale,” King revealed. “As much as we talk about it, I’m still hoping to get her into the finale, but we haven’t figured out how to do it just yet. I hope she reads this and goes and talks to her producers and helps me!”
5. Paige Isn’t Leaving – Despite her little fight with ex Emily over her jealousy of Alison, Paige is not leaving Rosewood anytime soon. “Paige is not gone for good,” King said. “Having that triangle play out felt very appropriate for us as storytellers as we embark upon these final 10 episodes.”
6. Alison’s Pregnancy Takes a Huge Toll on the Liars – This is especially true for Emily. And her pregnancy won’t be tame either. “Nothing is average on PLL. Everything is spectacular,” King admits. So yes, the idea that she’s carrying Emily’s baby is 100% possible ya’ll.
7. Weddings Galore – Caleb and Hanna are back together, Aria and Ezra are figuring it out and Spencer and Toby might as well be after that kiss… granted they both live. King explains that there will be “more than one wedding.”
8. Spencer May Be Dead – It isn’t possible that all of the liars come out of this unscathed every time! King explains Spencer is fair game to get killed because “A’ is an equal opportunity killer.” Ugh…
9. Jenna’s Connection to AD – We found out that Jenna wasn’t working with A.D directly, but she knew of him/her. “She is, I would say, anonymously working for A.D. in ways that we find out moving forward; a few other people on our show are as well,” King explained. OOOOh like who?
10. PLL movie – Don’t knock it just yet. “We’re very open to finding ways to keep these characters alive,” King said. “I hope that down the line we find a way to bring the girls back together again. It’s such a fun world to play in that we’re always keeping those options open.” The last episode will be 2 hours so it will be like a TV movie. King also cast Addison as the new high-school mean girl adding “Although we may be saying goodbye to our current group of PLLs … the town of Rosewood is its own character.” Do we smell a sequel?