Taylor Swift won 4 Moonmen last year at the MTV VMAs but this year, she isn’t even attending.
Us Weekly reports that Taylor never planned on attending the event, despite being in NYC that weekend.
Here’s a few reasons we cant think of:
1. Her ex Calvin Harris is nominated for “Best Collaboration” for his hit song with Rihanna, which Taylor co-wrote and secretly sang on under pseudonym Nils Sjoberg. If Harris won and Taylor was in attendance, would she go have to go accept with him?
2. She’d rather spend time with new bae Tom Hiddleston since they just fought over his busy schedule filming Thor. Plus, he can’t escort her cause he’s in Australia.
3. She wants to avoid Kanye West, who was given 4 minutes to do “whatever he wanted.”
4. None of her videos/songs are nominated.
5. She’s avoiding seeing herself “naked” in Kanye’s “Famous” video, which is nominated in multiple categories.
6. She doesn’t want to stir up bad blood when running into enemy Kim Kardashian, who outed Taylor on Snapchat this year after she claimed she didn’t approve “Famous” when she def did!
You know, maybe its best Tay sit this one out.
Despite Taylor’s absence, the show is gearing up to be the biggest ever with performances from Rihanna, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj, Britney Spears and more.