Sunday, March 20th marked the official first day of Spring.
Thanks to daylight savings time, we’ve already got a few extra hours of daylight that make all the difference.
It felt like Spring outside today, so we’re ready for all the fun that Springtime in Chitown brings!
Here are a few more reasons why spring in Chicago is literally the best!
- Patios and rooftops start opening – Oh patios, how we’ve missed you. The views in Chicago are incredible but they are even better when you see them while dining and drinking on a rooftop.
- New restaurants – There’s a ton of new and great restaurants opening in the city this spring. Make it fun and plan to check them all off by the end of the season!
- Festivals – Tickets for Lollapalooza go on sale next week and other festivals (Grant Park Music Festival, CIMM Fest, Beer Fest, etc.) around the city have announced dates. See them all HERE!
- Just Being Outdoors– For most of the winter, we’re cooped up inside shielding ourselves from the icy weather. When spring rolls around, everyone is excited to go eat lunch outside, grab some sun on their break or in between shifts, and even take a stroll in the park. The city is alive and that’s a pretty wonderful thing to see!
- No More Pedway – The pedway is great in the winter don’t get me wrong but no one needs to be walking underground when the weather is super nice. Even a brisk walk to work becomes more pleasant.
- Opening Day – Regardless of whether your a Cubs fan or a Sox fan, nothing is better than opening day! Spring means baseball is back and who knows, maybe this is the Cubs’ year AGAIN?!
- Playing with your pup outside – There are so many dog parks in Chicago and so many restaurants that allow dogs on the patio. Take your dog out to play… after all, just like you, he’s been cooped up inside the house all winter and is dying to get out there!
- Working Out Outdoors– There are several marathons to choose from in Chicago come spring. And if that’s not your thing, you can always go for a jog or a bike ride outside instead of the boring old gym. Bonus if you do it on the lakefront and take in the beautiful skyline! And don’t get us started about free yoga and pilates all over town!
- Play Off Time – Blackhawks… Bulls.. Spring is a good time to be a sports fan!
- Farmers Market– What’s better than a run to a farmer’s market on a beautiful sunny day for fresh fruits and veggies?
- Grilling outside – Mmm…. homemade hamburgers, steaks, chicken and so much more. We’ve really missed grilling!
- Everything Is in Bloom- The fact that everything is blooming makes Chicago just a smidge better looking… except for the really smell “fish” trees. Sorry about that guys, it comes with the territory.