The Super Bowl is this Sunday and whether you’re a huge fan of the NFL or you don’t know who is playing in the game, you’ll probably be watching with friends and family this weekend. If you are looking forward more to the commercials than the game, we thought we’d put together a guide to help you get through all the game play on Sunday.
This year is Super Bowl XLVI (46)
(That trophy goes to the winner of the game. It’s called the Lombardi Trophy)
The Game is being played in Indianapolis at Lucas Oil Field.
The Teams Playing Are The New England Patriots
and the New York Giants
The Patriots will be wearing Blue Jerseys and Silver pants with a Silver helmet
The Giants will be wearing White Jerseys with gray pants and a blue helmet.
The Coaches – Patriots – Bill Belichick
Giants – Tom Coughlin
Starting Quarterbacks – Patriots – Tom Brady #12
Giants – Eli Manning #10 (Peyton’s Little Brother)
A touchdown (The ball carried or caught in the End Zone) is worth 6 points
A field goal (Ball kicked through the uprights) is worth 3 points
An extra point (Kicked like a field goal only after a touchdown is scored) is worth 1 point
When the quarterback gets tackled with the ball it is called a sack.
The game is on NBC (Channel 5)
Al Michaels does the play-by-play commentating.
Cris Collinsworth is the color commentator and former player who calls the game with Al Michaels.
Michelle Tafoya is the sideline reporter who will give updates from the field.
Madonna is playing the halftime show
A few phrases you can say during the game:
If a flag is thrown and holding is called say “Come on Ref That wasn’t holding”
If a defender touches a receiver before he catches a pass say, “That’s Pass Interference”
Enjoy the game! And the commercials!
Get More B96:
- Mother’s Day is Next Sunday!
- The B96 9 Most Wanted : Welcome Desiigner!
- The B96 Top 8 at 8 : New Music From Rihanna and Summerbash Artist Calvin Harris
- Live Nation Reveals Lineup For National Concert Day!
- Mandy Moore Just Found A Prop From ‘A Walk To Remember,’ And It Will Melt Your Heart!
- The J Show Pranks NFL Draft Fans!
- Drake Reveals His Dog’s Name
- Chris Brown Drops Mixtape ‘Before the Trap: Nights in Tarzana’
- Why Did Drake Cut Kanye and Jay Z from ‘Views’?
- Justin Timberlake Pokes Fun at ‘It’s Gonna Be May’ Meme